Sunday, September 11, 2005

She Cries In Pain

She cried out in pain
tho hunger racked her brain
her children still missing
no mom for hugs and kissing.

trips to the dome each day
seeking signs what others say
where are her children now
churning insides scream and howl

So much just washed away
normal life seems a distant day
the storm floated in on them
all she depends on now is "HIM"

Where did her children go
does anyone really know?
the situation is driving her insane
as she cries out in pain.

Del Cano 2005 Sept

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I probably can relate to this heartfelt sadness the most of the tragedies that have stricken the Gulf Coastal regions. As a mother, there is nothing, absolutely nothing earthly that I could mourn for more than my children.

Anonymous said...

Spencer

I can think of no pain so great as losing a child.  This is a very compassionate, empathy-filled poem that falls softly on my heart, as a mother, and as a daughter.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

My heartfelt prayer is that all shall be reunited. The grief that was shown has had me crying since this happened. It should not be. It should not of happened. No excuse for the lack of preparation, none whatsoever...Sandi

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. The pain is a constant. Can't seem to get it out of my mind.
Spencer

Anonymous said...

my insides SCREAMED in pain while reading this, dear spence ... a MOST emotive piece, my friend ... my mothering heart goes out to these mothers ... i really WOULD like to know where her children are ... for those who have the opportunity to be there to help ... FIND THEM, QUICK ... PLEASE!!

thank you for this, my friend *hugs*

sue

Anonymous said...

This perfectly captured the images we witnessed...their plight is all too sad and should have been avoided at all cost.