Sunday, August 5, 2007

Turn In the Crook

I can't but hang my head
they are trying to decide
if we should turn in the crook
or let him escape and hide.

They argue among themselves
cause some shared his bread.
Others listened quite intently
to every excuse he said.

My comment never changed
he remains a crook for real.
No matter what he used to do
he's a crook who robs and steals.

Don't give me that crap bout his mama
nor even his kids who are in fear
If he gave a damn about any of them
we wouldn't be talking 'bout it here.

Stop all this foolishness
a thief lives in the midst of us all.
We work our asses off to get ahead
while he's on his low life crawl.

You, complained to me 'bout your tools
and you, sir, what about that lawn mower.
Now that he's caught red handed
you want to let him walk on out the door.

Are we all crazy or have we lost our minds
this fool has been preying on us for years.
You are standing here with a remorseful look
shedding all too compassionate tears.

His mama has got nothing to do with this
and if he gave a damn he would not be here.
I give up on all this crap and will call the police
not one of you will step forward its clear.

Nothing left but to hang my head
the shame I see in your eyes.
Time to take a stand for real
yet, you all want to apologize.

Del Cano 2007 August

 

 

No comments: