Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sweet Moments In the Blind

She burst into a lovely smile
the moment our eyes met.
Pushing carts down the aisles
trying to recall what I was to get.

She made sure she followed me
up and down every stocked space.
All the time with a pleasant grin
lighting up her entire face.

Soft comments about the stock
choices needing to be made.
Didn't leave my side even once
close by me is where she stayed.

Perhaps in her late fifties
still most pleasing to the eye.
Comfortably attractive and neat
she merited a pleasing sigh.

There was no doubt the interest
in that she easily let it be known.
My refusal to falsely lead her 
is a result of how I have grown.

After checking out I fiddled
wasting time as she loitered for me.
On the parking lot she purred a smile
as if she were begging for a spree.

I bid her a good day as I walked by
hesitating to engage her lust.
As appetizing as she might have been
I am counted on with full trust.

Noticed she slowly followed me
as I walked across the lot.
She stopped with that sunlight smile
saying, I have only a friendly plot.

I did stop and chat with her
but letting her know I was taken.
Her poise changed not one bit
though I could tell she was shaken.

Walking off bidding her a good day
I wondered if she had a note in mind.
Our sharing grocery shopping
was just sweet moments in the blind.

Del Cano 2007 August

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Your amzing words again.  This is lovely.  
                                                          Myke

Anonymous said...

Tender and serene, poetic grocery shopping indeed. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I love the way you capture this brief encounter, innocent and yet filled with intensity.--Sheria