Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Your Question

Looked with confusion on my face
your question seemed odd at the least.
Why should I accept being harassed
constantly being stopped by the police.
 
What do you mean what do I want
is it I am I so different from you?
I work by butt of to keep afloat
the same way I believe you do.
 
So why is it I keep hearing
all the crap I always hear.
My house is the same as yours
yet, your interest rate aint even near.
 
Oh, could it be I cut my grass
in a pattern unlike you do yours?
Or is it the way I work two jobs
limping home full of sores.
 
I'm at a loss why your question
remains as sadly empty as it does.
What it is I want, that over used phrase
just something which never was.
 
You wave but drop your eyes
never seeing me face to face.
Always gawking at my wife
poised, the epitome of grace.
 
I used to wonder why you
but now I don't give a care.
You and that same question
I find most anywhere.
 
I am no different from you
in my desires for life.
You so freely add more angst
help to keep up the strife.
 
Your question always seemed odd
to ask me what it is I want of you.
The answer is simple to me
treatment in the same way you do.
 
Del Cano 2007 August
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: