Saturday, August 23, 2008

WE

We stopped time
as well as filled space.
Thwarted all doubters
who got up in our face.

Pulled down the stars
for our own twinkled needs.
Each glimmer spread out
like a new field of seeds.

We walked past the lines
drawn by history's demand.
Made our own connections
danced by our command.

We joined as a unit
away from the day's fray.
As the world saw us
not one cloud turned gray.

At times sailed the heavens
took walks up thru the sky.
Embracing our own world
allowing pain to pass on by.

Nothing is actually perfect
we're so much further ahead
by not living our lives
in the way others said.

Sun shines thru the darkness
Lady Moon smiles on our home
Life is but a saucy sport
as if in the Super Dome.

We made a connection
like none made before.
A home run of sorts
the best of the score.

Del Cano 2006 May

 


 

3 comments:

Zara' said...

I really liked this...I am always amazed that you have so many words that keep coming out of your files!

Delcano said...

Thank you, Zara. I have at this point maybe 3000 poems written and at anytime a half dozen in process.

Sandisan said...

Oh I'm glad I found you I've been checking back on AOL trying to track down my favorites and you are one of them, saw that Rebecca had found you too...good. I brought my three journals over, regular life issues, poetry and old times. I'm glad you have saved your words, always so beautifully strung together....be well, Sandi