Saturday, August 16, 2008

Memories Strangle Me

The memories often strangle me
the scars feel more like a blur.
Way back deep in that recall spot
emotions of the soul concur.

The relationship, always torrid
blinded me to any real thought
allowing everything I couldn't stand
like the confusion she brought.

We communicated only with sex
little of what she said added up
but I ignored the facts I saw
just wanted her blossom to suck.

Off again then on again
a regular method we used
blinding me to the reality
I was being abused.

Misread her personality
more attention went to her thigh
till I actually finally realized
the girl was constantly high.

No, that's a lie I'm telling
she was for real quite stoned
and the only way she came back
was to get torridly boned.

She wanted to stay with me
but I refused that line of smack
when I came to my senses
told her I never wanted her back.

Memories strangle me
scars feel more like a blur
Life returned to clarity
when I finally was rid of her.

Del Cano 2008 August

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Quite an encounter it seems!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.