Friday, October 31, 2008

I Fished

I fished and then did it some more
didn't have the type rods and reels I needed
caught a few but lost lots by the score
grandson had a ball trying to cast and pleaded.

The pond was calm most times
frogs and crickets kept up their tune
a few catfish wrote me some rhymes
but the bass told me they'd be back soon.

The deer watched from edge of the woods
dogs barking kept their peeping at bay
rabbits and squirrels scurried with their goods
while the birds listened to what I'd say.

I fished and fished some more
casted out to many a potential dish
Loved watching as they snapped my bait
and came home with loads of fish.

Del Cano 2008 September

1 comment:

Sandisan said...

One of the best things a Grandad can do is teach their grandchild how to fish...my grandfather did that for me..I still miss that old man to this day..and I am old myself now...hope you are doing well Spence...be well, Sandi