Saturday, September 8, 2007

Shall I Let the Craving Pass/What If My Prayers Are Finally Heard

Shall I let the craving pass
or reach with more zest
Can I allow the thought its due
if I wish to have the best.
 

What if my prayers are finally heard
and the answers to my plea
appear in the visage of this gentle soul
who speaks of love to me?

 
Might I use the recall
to lay it all in my lap
or let it pass unnoticed
like a fly one just zapped.
 

What if I don't listen this time
and there are no more chances for me?
Living alone has its rewards
but nothing erases "lonely."

 
Should I expend the energy
to even give it a chance
or forget about the event
with its lustful romance.
 

Not all that long ago, I recall,
we swooned to lovers' words.
Shall I forget all that you said,
all that I know I heard?

 
Is it proper to recall
feelings which so pleased
or shove away the mindset
which is sure to be a tease.
 

How do I rectify this desire
when you're so far away?
Should feelings be left to die a slow death?
Is this the price I pay?

 
Shall I let the craving pass
let it wither away on the wind
If so I'll surely have to forget
the love you always send.
 

Can I really let these yearnings fade
without at least letting you know
that the language you speak always touches my heart
even now, as it did long ago?

 
 
Del Cano 2007 September

Naia, September 2007

 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fascinating work, to combine yours and Naia's poems in a poetic sort of call and response. It works beautifully well to enhance the nuances of both poems and merge the two into one.--Sheria