Friday, March 12, 2004

Serenity of Spring

Oh, blossoms of sweet scented thought;

as I stand amidst this brilliance

of Spring, you burst from the hide

a tempting foray of luscious hues.

The blue jay tweeting its' song

while the robin pulls on the worm

and more life rises from the garden

anew, with a touch from the creator.



I stand in awe focused on the rose,

the violets, tulips, pansies and lillies

all massaging the soul to a crescendo.

Its' orchestrations the "epitome of serenity",

sing a peaceful fulfillment of passion's desire.

And as I stand here leaning on my rake;

debris from winter's nap surrounds and helps

me welcome the Serenity of Spring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And welcome the brilliance of the Creator!  Beautiful tribute, my friend!

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

You must really "Love" yardwork.....LOL

Anonymous said...

Some call me the rose man
some call me a yard fool
but when my garden blooms
they all just drool

hee hee