Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Its Coming Soon

The yard seems to quietly beg
for me to tend its spring hair
though the calendar marked the day
winter still lingers in the air.

The sun came out of the shadows
today as if it tried to be warm
Planting in my mind the tasks
when spring holds me in arm.

Rakes, hoes, shovels, the tools
for the season's coming need.
I can hear the snowball tree's buds
calling out to the sun in a plead.

All this feels as if nature is late
in bringing on its patterned stage.
Storms, signs of water on the ground
winter is slow to turn the page.

But I know it is really near
as I lean on this push broom
can feel the vibes all moving
spring is coming real soon.

Del Cano 2008 April


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've captured exactly how it feels to me. I can hardly wait for spring even though it means more work in the yard. I'm so tired of the gray and the cold!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!! I wanted to come by and tell you that I liked this poem. I especially liked how you wrote "The yard seems to quietly beg / for me to tend its spring hair

You have such a way with words that you draw readers such as myself into a poem so thank you.